In spirit of creativity, I decided to go out on a whim and create some unique, something really different, enter my Savory and Sour Pomegranate Lime brittle. It’s sour, crunchy, chewy, and mm mmm good. You won’t be disappointed, ESPECIALLY if you pair this with a nice glass of kombucha. Oh my yum.
Savory and Sour Pomegranate Lime Brittle:
- 3 medium pomegranates
- juice of 2 small limes or of one medium lime
- 2 drops of Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade lemon essential oil (get it here)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (my favourite here)
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees
- While the oven is preheating, carefully roll out your pomegranates on the countertop in order to get the juices separated from the seeds. Once your pomegranates feel like deflated, watery beach balls, carefully poke a hole into one and squeeze the juice out of the pomegranate over a cup. Repeat with the rest of the pomegranates. Be sure to squeeze every last drop of juice out of the pomegranates! The pomegranate might tear from the pressure, that’s okay! You can use both of your hands to squeeze out the juice if that happens
- Separate the seeds from the bitter white bits of the pomegranate and place the seeds into a bowl. Season the seeds with the lime juice, lemon essential oil, and sea salt. Toss until the seasonings are equally distributed
- Place either a sheet of aluminum foil or parchment paper onto a baking sheet and spread the seasoned seed mixture out thinly and bake at 300 degrees for roughly 25 minutes, checking in on the seeds and re-spreading them around every 5 minutes. If at the end of 25 minutes, the seeds have not crisped up, add more time in 5 minute intervals until a fairly crispy texture is achieved
- When done, let cool, and enjoy! It’s a mouth-watering, tart treat that really goes well with kombucha!